So long story short — I needed a beautiful bouquet of peonies for a photoshoot but when the flower truck dropped off my order all the heads of the peonies were closed!!
Not only were they closed, they were tightly closed! I needed to open these peonies and fast.
I had a little over three hours until it would be dark and I wanted to shoot in the best light possible so I got to work right away.
Here are the steps I took:
- Cut about 1 – 2 inches off the ends of the peonies. Make sure you cut on an angle.
- Fill a jug or bucket with hot water from the tap
- Plunge the peony ends into the jug or bucket
- Immediately take them to a hot car, place them in the car, and shut all the doors.
- Leave them in the car for about 3 hours
- Check on them every once in a while
- You can gently use your hands to help guide them open if need be after the three hours
I put together a quick little video for my Tangi profile. Watch it here:
I hope this video helps you! If you want more helpful tips and great DIYs don’t forget to download the Tangi App and follow me!!